Make an Appointment with a Writing Peer Educator
Writing Peer Educators are advanced undergraduate students who help other UC Davis students taking Entry Level Writing courses at UC Davis. Writing Peer Educators specialize in these courses and are trained by UWP writing faculty. This service is open to all students from any course that fulfills Entry Level Writing requirements (UWP 7, 7M, 1A, NAS 5A, ENL 3A, Workload 57, WR 39A) as well as the language-intensive writing courses UWP 21 and UWP 22.
To schedule an appointment, click here.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Appointment
Appointments with a Writing Peer Educator are one-on-one, 30 minute sessions.
- Prepare before you get there:
- Decide what writing activity/assignment you would like to work on with the Peer Educator. Writing can be brought in at any stage of the writing process; it can be when you have a complete rough draft and would like feedback to guide your revisions, or it can be before you even start drafting.
- Print out your writing activity/assignment you would like to work on and bring to appointment.
- Bring a hard copy of your draft to the appointment.
- Come up with a couple of questions you have for your Writing Peer Educator to guide the appointment.
- Arrive to your appointment room on time.
We suggest bringing course materials, such as your class syllabus or previous assignments, to help the Writing Peer Educator know how to best help you.
If you would like, you can also email a draft of your paper to UCDwriters@ucdavis.edu in advance of your appointment so your peer educator can look it over and be better prepared.